Things To Do in The Bahamas
The Bahamas is a coral-based archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean. Its 700-plus islands and cays range from uninhabited to packed with resorts. The northernmost, Grand Bahama, and Paradise Island, home to many large-scale hotels, are among the best known. Scuba diving and snorkeling sites include the massive Andros Barrier Reef, Thunderball Grotto (used in James Bond films) and the black-coral gardens off Bimini.
- Blue Lagoon Island: From dolphin, sea lion and stingray encounters to segway beach safaris and relaxing on the beach, Blue Lagoon Island offers some truly unique Bahamian experiences.
- Food & Culture Tours: Local flavors are an integral part of experiencing native cultures. Nassau’s food and culture tours like Nassau Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour, Nassau Rum and Food Tour and Tru Bahamian Food Tours offer an introduction to some of Nassau’s local flavor.
- Rose Island Day Trip: Located just 20 minutes from Nassau and only accessible by boat, Rose Island is world-renowned for its unspoiled natural beauty. This pristine rustic island features miles of white sand beaches, turquoise waters teeming with tropical fish, stingrays and sea turtles and hilltop elevations of up to 60 feet above sea level.
- Fish Fry at Arawak Cay: Arawak Cay offers the authentic atmosphere of the Bahamian Fish Fry with vendors selling made-to-order conch salad, fried fish and other Bahamian dishes.
- Atlantis: AQUAVENTURE. NON-STOP WATER. NON-STOP FUN. Aquaventure, Atlantis Paradise Island's water park, is a one-of-a-kind, 141-acre waterscape. This non-stop aquatic playground features over twenty million gallons of water, magnificent Atlantean-themed towers housing high-speed water slides, a mile-long river ride with rolling rapids and wave surges, 20 swimming areas, a spectacular kids water-play fort and 11 refreshing swimming pools. Aquaventure is a lush, tropical environment that is both immersive and interconnected, and perfect for all vacationers, whether young and older. The water park offers an extreme level of excitement and delivers an "aqua" adventure unlike any other.
- The Mandara Spa the most exclusive luxury Spa in the Caribbean. Time to cool off poolside?
- Swimming with the Pigs, Pig Beach is an uninhabited island located in Exuma, the Bahamas. The island takes its unofficial name from the fact that it is populated by a colony of feral pigs that live on the island and in the surrounding shallows.
Living in paradise is only one click or call away – contact us here or call +1 (242) 427-0555 today!
Enjoy your time in The Bahamas!
Martina Reichardt is a Licensed Estate Agent, Member of Bahamas Real Estate Association, awarded as Top Producer Exclusive Listings 2016 & 2017.